BioStrep® A (strip)
Immunoassay for the Detection of Group A Streptococcal Antigen
Directly from Throat Swab Specimens
- Easy-to-read color
- Built-in test control
|Time to Results
- Just before testing, add 4 drops of Reagent A (yellow) and 4 drops of Reagent B to the extraction tube. Mix solution by shaking the tube gently. (The solution should turn pink.)
- Immediately put the swab into the tube.
- Rotate the swab vigorously in the extraction solution to extract specimen thoroughly.
- Let stand for 1–2 minutes.
- Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the swab by pressing the swab firmly against the side of the tube with two fingers.
- Discard the swab.
- Take out the BioStrep A® test strip from the sealed pouch.
- Insert the BioStrep A® test strip into the tube of extracted solution and allow the migration to begin.
- Read the result in 5 minutes, after a distinct color line has formed in the reading window, but no later than 10 minutes after the test strip has been dipped in the extracted solution.
|BioStrep® A (strip)